I speak for myself here when I say a weekend to remember would be one filled with good food, inspiring company, whilst enjoying a line up of great bands….. Who’s with me?
Well, these memories are upon us, so dust off the diary and block out the afternoon of 1st and 8th September as the Herne Hill Music Festival kick off their celebrations…
To commence the return of the Herne Hill Festival, October 11th – 19th 2013, two bandstand events will be held at the Herne Hill Sunday Market.
We’re especially excited to bring you this news as one of the Love Herne Hill team is performing!
The first of two events, Saturday 1st September, at a bandstand near you (Herne Hill of course), you can enjoy the sounds of the Crystal Palace Brass Band, the Andrea Trillo Trio, and Hot Motel. So bring the family down, grab a bite to eat, source your weekly supplies from the independent suppliers @hernehillmkt and enjoy the music.
Line up: Sunday 1st September 2013 – 11:00am – 3:00pm
- 11am Crystal Palace Brass Band – The Crystal Palace Band (CPB) is one of the few traditional Brass Bands remaining in London. It consists of between twenty and thirty musicians and plays at a variety of events, including open-air concerts at Royal Parks and at the seaside, fetes, carol concerts, parades, brass band contests, parties and indoor concerts. Web: Crystal Palace Brass Band
- 12 noon Andrea Trillo Trio – The trio plays a blend of jazz and latin based styles. This ‘international’ group consists of Spanish pianist and singer Nora Landaluce, Andrea on drums and Luke Fowler from Australia on bass.
- 1pm Crystal Palace Brass Band – As above.
- 2pm Hot Motel – New to the scene, Hot Motel is a rhythm and blues based band. This debut performance will get your hips swinging and your toes tapping.
Line up: Sunday 8th September 2013 – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Another jam packed line up:
- 11am Lambeth Wind Orchestra – LWO is a concert band of around 40 members based in Herne Hill. It performs a varied programme of music for the community both formally and informally. Its concert programmes have included music by Gustav Holst, Percy Grainger, Philip Sparke, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Malcolm Arnold and Samuel-Coleridge-Taylor alongside newly written pieces by London based composers. Its performances take place on bandstands around London, including Clapham Common, St James’s Park and Battersea Park, at local festivals and at our own formal concerts.
- 12 noon The Ben Croft Trio – The Ben Croft Trio – Benjamin Croft started his musical career aged 7 learning both Piano and Trumpet. He later Graduated from Leeds College of Music with a degree in Jazz and Classical performance. In the last 10 years Ben has mostly been based in the US and has performed with artists such as Belinda Carlisle, The Temptations and the Platters. He has also performed at major Jazz festivals including the Vancouver Festival and Cross Roads Festival. Ben moved back to London last year and regularly performs with his trio around London.
- 1pm Lambeth Wind Orchestra – Web: Lambeth Wind Orchestra
- 2pm Dee Dee’s Collective – The Dee Dee’s Collective – are a group who meet regularly at Dee Dee’s Cafe and Jazz Bar on Herne Hill. We’ve seen them perform, they’re fantastic!